Maro Petkovich, Jr. is an attorney who handles a wide range of matters. He has years of experience as a former creditors’ rights and insurance defense attorney at which time he handled hundreds of claims for some of the world’s largest banks and insurance companies.
In his own practice and for Johns Firm, he handles dozens of cases each year in matters ranging from:
- Personal injury
- Social Security disability
- Business law
Mr. Petkovich also brings a unique perspective to maritime law and Longshore claims. Having been born in New Orleans and raised in Plaquemines Parish, he is no stranger to the water.
The son of a Croatian immigrant, Mr. Petkovich grew up on the oyster boats of his father, grandpa, and uncle.
He later worked for oilfield services companies during his college years where he gained hands-on experience aboard various vessels, drilling rigs, and production platforms. His lifelong love for the sea has provided him an unparalleled knowledge of what can go wrong when you least expect it.
Whether you have an injury, insurance claim, or business needs, Mr. Petkovich knows what steps to take to stay ahead of the curve.
Mr. Petkovich is a devoted husband and father of two.
In his spare time, he enjoys woodworking, outdoor activities, cooking, and maintaining ties to the Croatian-American community.
- Louisiana State University Bachelor of Science, Business Management, 2008
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center Juris Doctor & Graduate Diploma in Civil Law, 2011
- U.S. District Courts, Louisiana, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit