According to research done by Louisiana State University, there were almost 18,000 car accidents in Baton Rouge in 2018 alone. During the same year, 8,571 of those crashes caused injuries, and 59 crashes were fatal.
Too many residents of Baton Rouge are involved in collisions every year, and the process that comes after these crashes can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, you can obtain a copy of your Baton Rouge accident report that contains all the information for your accident. You can then use this report to tell your insurance company about the crash or file a personal injury claim against the party who was at fault.
Please don’t hesitate to contact an experienced Louisiana car accident lawyer if you need assistance.
Why is a Police Accident Report Important?
A Baton Rouge accident report is essential to everyone who was involved in the collision, including all parties’ legal representatives and insurance companies. After a car accident, the police come to the scene of the crash and document evidence to build an official report.
Accident report includes the following information:
- The day, time, and location of the collision;
- The road and weather conditions during the collision;
- Any vehicular damage or property damage resulting from the collision; and
- Pictures of the scene of the collision, including damages and injuries.
Make sure to get a copy of your Baton Rouge police report as soon as you can after an auto accident.
How Can I Get a Copy of My Baton Rouge Accident Report?
Before you do anything else, call the Baton Rouge Police Department Headquarters to see if your accident report is ready.
When you request your crash report, make sure that you have the crash report number and a valid form of personal identification. If you do not have your accident report number, call or visit the police department to get it.
Once you have your report number, getting your Baton Rouge, Louisiana accident report is an easy process.
You can get a copy of your report online, in person, or by mail.
- Online. You can request a copy of your accident report online by visiting the Louisiana State Police website. Please note that online police reports cost $11.50 each.
- In-person. You can also get a copy of your report by visiting the Baton Rouge Police Department, located at 9000 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70815. The Records Division is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. Report copies cost $10 for the first page and $1 for each additional page.
- By mail. If you want to request your report by mail, email your request to the above address and include payment for the report.
If you have any further questions about obtaining your Baton Rouge accident report, please contact the Baton Rouge Police Department or Johns Law Firm for assistance.
Contact an Experienced Baton Rouge Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were involved in a collision in Baton Rouge, LA, we want to help you and your family navigate this challenging process.
If you were injured in an accident, you might be able to get compensation for your injuries. The personal injury attorneys at Johns Law Firm can help answer any questions you have about obtaining your Baton Rouge accident report or filing a personal injury claim in Louisiana.